Are you a college-educated self-starter? A part-time, retired, or downsized professional? Are you looking for independence, flexibility, and unusually interesting work?
If so, the Insurer’s Loss Control Institute might be right for you.
Successful ILCI students are well organized and detail oriented—with a pleasant and effective personality, a strong command of written and spoken English, and knowledge of (or eagerness to learn about) the insurance industry.
Why not “check our checklist” to see how you measure up?
NOTE: Most ILCI applicants are insurance industry professionals wishing to deepen their knowledge of loss control or talented newcomers wishing to become independent loss control providers or field representatives. Qualified beginners are welcome.
- Familarity with computers and digital cameras
- Familiarity with survey techniques
- Ability to create accurate reports on time
- Ability to use drawing software
- Commitment to returning phone calls promptly
- Mobile phone
- Answering machine
- Reliable transportation
- Measuring wheel
- Digital camera
- Home office with computer, internet access, Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, printer, and scanner
Other startup costs
- ILCI training course, accommodations, and meals (five days)
- Cost of fuel, auto maintenance, tolls, and phones for six months
- Health insurance
- Additional miscellaneous startup-related expenses for six months
- Mentoring or coaching (optional)
Other qualifications (optional)
- Associate in Risk Management (ARM)
- Associate in Loss Control Management (ALCM)
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- Commercial line property and casualty insurance risk assessments
- Industrial or commercial construction
- Fire safety
* Please complete all information.